Could you be our new Retail Sales Advisor?
We’re looking for a Retail Sales Advisor to join our friendly team advising our lovely customers on jewellery design, repairs and sales. Above all we’re looking for someone with the right attitude and personality that fits our #SharingtheSparkle culture as well as having particular skills and competencies.
You’ll need to be extremely competent in a customer-facing sales and advisory role as well as highly organised, with excellent time and people management skills. An eye for detail is essential along with a pro-active approach. If you can draw and enjoy being creative it will certainly help!
We’re not a typical independent jewellers: we’re looking for positive, fun people who relish being part of an extremely forward thinking and motivated team with currently seven members of staff. Based in Basingstoke, we have a very well established customer base both locally and nationally, built up since 1979. We are located in a contemporary new premises called ‘The Cottage’, where we specialise in designing and making bespoke pieces of jewellery as well as offering a comprehensive repairs service and selling from our own collections or carefully selected brands.
We’ve won ‘Most Loved Jewellers’ in the UK for the past two years; voted for by hundreds of happy customers – if you’d like to be part of something special, where caring for people’s old memories and creating new ones is something you enjoy, then read on...
A lot of your time will be spent on the shop floor conducting jewellery design, repairs and sales consultations. You’ll need to have a high level of technical knowledge (which we can teach you) and the ability to build a rapport with customers (which we expect to come naturally).
You will be expected to progress through our induction program taking on work requiring a greater level of technical and creative skills over time. As you develop your ability to generate higher levels of revenue your remuneration will be reviewed to reflect this.
Some of your time will be spent ‘back office’ processing enquiries and work taken in, placing orders with suppliers and help in coordinating the flow of work throughout the manufacture process. You will be responsible for delivering work on time, on budget, in line with the brief and our high quality standards in terms of product quality and customer service.
Front of house responsibilities:
- Provide sales advice for low and high end jewellery pieces
- Provide jewellery repairs and alterations advice
- Conduct design consultations: establish a brief, drawing sketches, advise on all technical aspects of design including metal choice, construction details and gem stones
- Accurately define the scope of a piece of work: provide detailed design drawings with clear written instructions for our workshop team to follow
- Price different options, provide quotes and advise on the best route for the customer
- Front of house administration associated with the above: accurate processing of customer’s data and all job details
- Maintaining displays and sales tool
Back office responsibilities:
- Daily management of your work flow: allocation of work either to remain with our on-site workshop or going out to the appropriate external workshops and processing it coming back in
- Order and process items including stock, samples, wax models and gem stones
- Liaising with suppliers, checking deadlines, managing quality and customer expectations throughout the order/ manufacture process
Other elements to your role:
- Assist in in-house marketing such as using our referral scheme, gathering suitable collateral for case studies, testimonials, photographing jewellery and customers
- Contribute to marketing, merchandising and resource planning
- Support at events such as Champagne & Canapé Evenings and Christmas events
- You must be a great communicator, knowing when to balance robustness with sympathy, be fabulous at building relationships and recognise the need to show empathy when required
- Have a positive outlook and smile a lot!
- Proactive approach with the ability to get things done quickly and efficiently
- Effective at time management, prioritisation of tasks in a busy, sometimes stressful retail environment
- IT savvy and not phased about learning new systems
- Attention to detail is really important
- You do what you need to do to get the job done: not a clock watcher, often goes ‘above and beyond’ because you care
- The right cultural fit understanding our #SharingtheSparkle approach
- Demonstrate a natural desire for continuous personal and professional development
No particular level of academic qualification is necessary but we do want to see plenty of evidence of providing customer service and a strong performance in ownership of delegated tasks.
What’s on offer:
Free parking, close to Basingstoke railway station and J6, M3. A lovely environment with café on site and Festival Place shopping center nearby. Professional development training as required. Free drinks, regular social events, structured bonus scheme and laptop.
Hours: Full time, Tuesday to Saturdays (with one evening per week plus the occasional Sunday event). Part time hours could be considered - please apply and explain what would suit you.
Salary: £17,000 - £20,000 based on experience.
If you have significant specific experience and a proven record of generating high end sales, then your remuneration will be reviewed to reflect this: we are open to negotiation.
Own transport is essential.
Location: 19, The Cottage, Viables Craft Centre, The Harrow Way, Basingstoke, RG22 4BJ
Please email your cv with a covering letter (cvs will NOT be considered without this) explaining why you would like to join the Petra Team to the business owner, Mitch Lloyd: [email protected], thank you and good luck!
PS: Give us some examples of why you care about doing more than just a ‘good’ job, that you understand how you might fit our culture and show us some personality; it’s very important to us and our customers.