Could you be our Sales & Operations Manager?
We’re looking for an experienced and caring Sales & Operations Manager.
You’d be joining a very busy independent jewellers based in Basingstoke. We need a confident manager that has sales and operations in their DNA, ideally familiar with the retail environment and is comfortable with dealing with all aspects of delivering an outstanding customer experience. This is a unique role with a broad range of responsibilities both front of house and back office.
- Upholding our Disney inspired Quality Standards
- Team management
- Customer relations
- Supplier relations
- Delivery of products and services
- Shop and facilities management, H&S and security
You need to come with plenty of people management experience and we will teach you the technical knowledge you’ll need to be able to manage the jewellery sales and manufacture processes.
Your role will be a blend of meeting the business’s needs and looking after our people: that includes staff, customers and suppliers.
We’re looking for someone with the right attitude and personality that fits our #SharingtheSparkle culture. Customer experience is at the heart of this business and we see making money is a serendipitous bi-product of making people happy. That doesn’t mean we’re not extremely ambitious and are constantly moving forwards, enjoying growth with a focus on profit.
You’ll have regular contact with the business owner discussing strategy, areas for improvement and how we can improve the business model. We enjoy working with people that make suggestions, own their responsibilities and deliver; and that is acknowledged accordingly.
Behaviours and Approach
- You must be natural leader and a great communicator, knowing when to balance robustness with sympathy, be fabulous at building relationships and recognise the need to show empathy when required
- Have a positive outlook
- Proactive approach with the ability to get things done quickly and efficiently
- Effective at time management, prioritisation of tasks in a busy, sometimes stressful retail environment
- Extremely IT savvy and not phased about learning new systems
- Attention to detail is really important
- Output focused: you do what you need to do to get the job done: not a clock watcher, often goes ‘above and beyond’ because you care
- The right cultural fit: #SharingtheSparkle
- Demonstrate a natural desire for continuous personal and professional development
We’re not a typical independent jewellers: we’re looking for positive people who relish being part of a forward thinking and motivated team. We have a very well established customer base both locally and nationally, built up since 1979. We are located in a contemporary new premises called ‘The Cottage’, where we specialise in designing and making bespoke pieces of jewellery as well as offering a comprehensive repairs service and selling from our own collections or carefully selected brands.
We’ve won ‘Most Loved Jewellers’ in the UK for the past three years; voted for by hundreds of happy customers – if you’d like to be part of something special, where caring for people’s old memories and creating new ones is something you enjoy and think you can handle the demanding nature of the demands of delivering consistently an emotive product then this is an exciting new opportunity for you!
What’s on offer:
Free parking, close to Basingstoke railway station and J6, M3. A lovely environment with café on site and Festival Place shopping centre nearby. Professional development training as required. Free drinks, social events, structured bonus scheme and laptop.
Hours: Full time, based on a 42.5 hour week with 30 minutes paid lunch break, Tuesday to Saturday (with the occasional evening and weekend events).
Salary: in the region of £35,000 based on experience.
Location: 19, The Cottage, Viables Craft Centre, The Harrow Way, Basingstoke, RG22 4BJ
Own transport is essential.
Please email your cv with a covering letter (cvs will NOT be considered without this) explaining why you would like to join the Petra Team to the business owner, Mitch Lloyd: [email protected], thank you.
PS: Give us some examples of why you care about doing more than just a ‘good’ job, that you understand how you might fit our culture and show us some personality; it’s very important to us and our customers.