Could you be our new Jewellery Production Coordinator?
We’re looking for a Production Coordinator to join our growing business. You will be responsible for managing all activities and resources associated with the jewellery repair and manufacture services we offer, as well as a customer facing role.
This role will really suit someone with great project management and administrative skills.
We need someone with a blend of qualities: being extremely systematic and process driven whilst still being able to demonstrate charm and empathy when serving customers. We’d expect you to uphold our quality standards throughout the work flow. This can be quite challenging when outsourcing more specialist work.
This role will suit someone that is as good with people as they are with technical stuff. The right person will find this an exciting opportunity to take on a significant amount of responsibility whilst enjoying the fulfillment of delivering the hopes and dreams for our customers’ weddings, birthdays and anniversaries. You’ll need to be commercially aware with a constant eye on detail, deadlines, financial targets and of course quality.
Roles and Responsibilities
The production management role will account for roughly 60% of your time, so the rest of the time you’ll be in a revenue generating role and processing activities associated with that, i.e. on the shop floor, customer facing: conducting sales, repairs and simple design consultations, making phone calls, sending emails, processing quotes and completing reports. Whilst some areas might not be your area of expertise, we are looking for you to be adaptable and switched on to grasp new concepts quickly.
Here’s more detail of the two elements to the role:
Production Management Role
This is a back office role in a relatively structured environment.
- Management of weekly distribution and turn-around of work
- Risk Management: de-risk processes, put checks and alerts in place, collate feedback via lessons learnt
- Manage all supplier relationships and performance: all aspects of quality assurance (QA): deadlines, quality of product, as well as maintain great communication and conflict free issue resolution
- Manage customer’s expectations through effective and regular communication
- Order and manage stock of supplies: metal, gem stones, equipment
- Data management: check data input and status accuracy
- Process optimisation: identify ways to improve how we do things to increase margins, offer great value and excel in service delivery and experience
- Cost management: reconcile invoices and upload cost data to our till system, advise on efficiencies and margins, conduct market research, price list updates and liaise with our book keeper as required
- Report on all of the above: set up and manage KPIs, flag up trends and issues
Customer Facing Role
This is a hands on, more reactive element to the role. You’ll be engaging with people in a much more pro-active way than you’d experience in most retail environments with the emphasis on delivering customer service excellence and experience.
- Provide sales advice for low and high end jewellery pieces
- Provide jewellery repairs and alterations advice
- Conduct simple design consultations (only taking on higher end design consultations if you have the specific skills to do so)
- Support at events such as Champagne & Canapés Evenings and Christmas events
Behaviours and Approach
- You must be a great communicator, knowing when to balance robustness with sympathy, be fabulous at building relationships and recognise the need to show empathy when required
- Have a positive outlook and smile a lot!
- Proactive approach with the ability to get things done quickly and efficiently
- Effective at time management, prioritisation of tasks in a busy, sometimes stressful retail environment
- Extremely IT savvy and not phased about learning new systems
- Attention to detail is really important
- You do what you need to do to get the job done: not a clock watcher, often goes ‘above and beyond’ because you care
- The right cultural fit: #SharingtheSparkle
- Demonstrate a natural desire for continuous personal and professional development
No particular level of academic qualification is necessary but we do want to see plenty of evidence of project or production management experience and a strong performance in ownership of delegated tasks.
We’re not a typical independent jewellers: we’re looking for positive, fun people who relish being part of an extremely forward thinking and motivated team. Based in Basingstoke, we have a very well established customer base both locally and nationally, built up since 1979. We are located in a contemporary new premises called ‘The Cottage’, where we specialise in designing and making bespoke pieces of jewellery as well as offering a comprehensive repairs service and selling from our own collections or carefully selected brands.
We’ve won ‘Most Loved Jewellers’ in the UK for the past three years; voted for by hundreds of happy customers – if you’d like to be part of something special, where caring for people’s old memories and creating new ones is something you enjoy and you have the experience and competencies to fulfill the above
What’s on offer:
Free parking, close to Basingstoke railway station and J6, M3. A lovely environment with café on site and Festival Place shopping center nearby. Professional development training as required. Free drinks, social events, target related bonuses and laptop.
Hours: Full time, Tuesdays to Saturdays (with occasional evenings and some Sunday events)
Based on a 42.5 hour week and 30 minute paid lunch break.
Note: we are ‘output’ focused and support flexible working as long as customer needs are met; during busy periods we put additional hours in if required and trust team members to self-manage their hours to suit their lifestyle where we can.
Salary: £21,000 - £26,000 based on experience.
The Cottage, Viables Craft Centre, The Harrow Way, Basingstoke, RG22 4BJ
Please email your cv with a covering letter (cvs will not be considered without this) explaining why you would like to join the Petra Team to our recruitment associate Adam Butler: Adamb@adambutlerltd.co.uk