Could you be our new Goldsmith?
We’re looking for a brilliant on-site Goldsmith to join our very friendly team.
We’ve won ‘Most Loved Jewellers’ in the UK for the past two years; voted for by hundreds of happy customers – if you’d like to be part of something special, where caring for people’s old memories and creating new ones is something you enjoy, then get in touch.
We’re not a typical independent jewellers: we’re looking for positive, fun people who relish being part of an extremely forward thinking and motivated team. Based in Basingstoke, we have a very well established customer base both locally and nationally, built up since 1979. We are located in a contemporary new premises called ‘The Cottage’, where we specialise in designing and making bespoke pieces of jewellery as well as offering a comprehensive repairs service and selling from our own collections or carefully selected brands.
You’ll carry out a significant percentage of our repairs and bespoke work in our fully equipped on-site workshop: including a polishing machine, draw bench, roll mill, rhodium plating machine, steam cleaner and PUK welder.
Essential jobbing skills required:
- Ring sizing, re-shanking, re-shaping
- General soldering work such as chain repairs and putting on charms
- Re-tipping and associated setting work
- Steam cleaning, polishing and rhodium plating
- Re-building old mounts
- Pearl drilling
- Basic stone setting and un-setting stones
- Advising customers and staff on repairs and alterations as required
- Creating new, bespoke mounts
- Melting down and re-modeling customer’s old gold
- Providing quotes verbally and by email
- Advising on jewellery design (and possibly CAD work) as required
Other elements to your role:
- Work closely with our off-site team and liaise with our trusted suppliers
- Provide occasional technical training and lessons learnt to the team
- Admin: will include job costings, ordering materials and tools, simple valuations
- Assist in providing marketing collateral: gathering suitable working images for case studies plus video content
- Support at events such as Champagne & Canapé Evenings and Christmas events
Behaviours and Approach
- You must share our Quality Standards in terms of product quality and exceptional customer service
- Be a great communicator, both verbally and written
- Have a pro-active and positive approach with the ability to get things done quickly and efficiently
- Effective at time management, prioritisation of tasks and always commercially aware
- IT savvy and not phased about learning new systems
- Attention to detail is paramount
- You do what you need to do to get the job done: not a clock watcher, often goes ‘above and beyond’ because you care
- The right cultural fit: demonstrating a natural desire for continuous personal and professional development
We were voted the ‘Best Jewellers in the UK’ in 2016.
What’s on offer:
Free parking, close to Basingstoke railway station and J6, M3. A lovely environment with café on site and Festival Place shopping center nearby. Unlimited training at Apple through a VIP business scheme as well as professional development training as required. Free drinks, regular social events, structured bonus scheme and laptop.
Hours: Full time, Tuesdays to Saturdays (with some evenings and the occasional Sunday event)
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000 based on experience.
If you have significant specific experience and a proven record of generating high end sales, then your remuneration will be reviewed to reflect this.
Location: 19, The Cottage, Viables Craft Centre, The Harrow Way, Basingstoke, RG22 4BJ
To Apply: Please email your cv with a covering letter (cvs will not be considered without this) explaining why you would like to join the Petra Team to the business owner, Mitch Lloyd: firstname.lastname@example.org, thank you and good luck!
PS: Give us some examples of why you care about doing more than just a ‘good’ job and show us some personality; it’s very important to us and our customers.